Join us and Volunteer in 2018
Fill in the details to receive exclusive offers to come and volunteer with Berdiri on the ground in Sumatra in 2018. Enjoy a working holiday and help out the conservation efforts for Sumatran elephants at the same time.
Summary of Volunteering
Updated Information Through our Email List
Our volunteer programs usually are targeted to run over 10 days and we run two programs. One in the Bengkulu province at the elephant conservation center in Seblat and another in the Way Kambas National Park of Lampung Province. These two programs will be available in 2018 over various stages of the year so make sure you sign up to receive all the latest updates and dates for when the programs are running.
Volunteering for your holidays is something that everybody should do as the rewards are quite good playing your role in helping conserve this amazing species. Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere while creating good in the world while meeting and making new friends in different cultures.
Receive dates for the 2018 calendar as they become available.
Vital volunteering information to help you make your trip complete.
Work on conservation projects learn about the issues surrounding elephant conservation.
The various activities across each programs are listed below with additional details to follow in new updates.
- Help with the daily chores of the elephant carers
- Help make supplement food for the elephants
- Cleaning of any areas where the elephants are kept
- Assisting with patrol activities
- Maintenance of elephant camps to help provide better facilities
- Teaching english to the elephant carers
- Visiting local villages and local schools to help educate the locals on elephant conservation
Work with Animals
Help the elephant carers with their daily chores.
Enjoy local cultures and traditions
Provide daily tutorials to teach english to the elephant carers.